Royal Albert Memorial Museum
The Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery is Devon’s award-winning and truly modern museum of history, nature, world cultures and art. The museum is a welcoming oasis located in the heart of the city between leafy gardens and Exeter’s bustling high street.
‘Fascinating for all ages…. and it’s free!’
Admission is free. For tickets for special exhibitions and events book on line.
- Free beastie bags for the under 6th and explorer bags for 7-14 year olds, complete with costumes, magnifying glasses and games
- Meet Gerald the giraffe, an African bull elephant and a suspended whale skeleton
- Amazing displays from faraway lands of Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific
- Experience the Ancient World of Egyptians, Greeks and Romans.
- Play with a Devon longhouse and dress up in clothes from the past.
- Identify of 140 specimens of birds and design your own bird.
- Unforgettable stories from the people behind the museum’s collection – Charles Peel, Sir Harry Veitch, Captain Cook…
- Arresting displays of textiles, ceramics, clothing and ornaments from around the world
- One of the largest echinoderm collections in the UK (sea urchins and starfish) in its original Edwardian jar-filled splendour
- Dramatic multimedia story of Devon from its geographical past 400 million years ago to the dawn of mankind
- From Stone Age through 18th-century industry to modern reflections of Exeter and Devon today.
- Three galleries over three floors, of changing displays of art and themed exhibitions.
- Stunning colourful displays of rare birds fascinating insects and beautiful butterflies from around the world
- Guided tours, trips into the museum store exclusive themed talks throughout the year (tickets online).
Open: Tuesday to Sunday. 10am to 5pm
Closed: Monday and bank holiday.
Car: Exeter is easily accessible from the M5. Enter postcode EX4 3RX into Sat Nav. Parking available cross the city centre. Two parking spaces for blue badge holders via Upper Paul Street. Advanced booked required.
Train: RAMM is just 100 metres from Exeter Central Station.
Bus: Most city buses stop on Queen Street or the high Street, close to RAMM
Visit our official website at: http://www.exeter.gov.uk/ramm
You can book tickets for Royal Albert Memorial Museum online - quickly, securely and easily…